Digital Recruitment Insights: what do candidates want from a role?
When it comes to digital recruitment insights, our digital salary guide has it all. We wanted this report to give digital professionals everywhere a voice to air their insights.
We get so much satisfaction helping digital professionals in this space. But, what motivates them in their careers? Using unseen analysis from our 2021 report, we reveal what they expect in their career journey.
Digital salary expectations
The digital recruitment industry is a competitive field. We strive to help employers find the best talent – of course, salary plays a big part in attracting them. When moving to a new role, what salary changes do digital professionals expect?
- The same salary: 12% of digital professionals would accept the same salary
- 5% increase: 13% of respondents would expect a 5% increase
- 10% increase: 31% shared that they would like to see a 10% salary increase for their next role
- 15% increase: 13% of digital professionals would expect a 15% salary increase to join a new company
- 20% increase: 13% would want to see a 20% salary increase if they were to move roles
- More than 20% increase: Finally, 18% of our respondents would want an increase of more than 20%
Digital career goals in 2022
Our digital recruitment insights go deeper than salary expectations. When it comes to career goals, what do digital professionals hope to achieve in 2022? We asked respondents to rank what is most important to them when choosing a new role. Here are the top 3 choices…
- Remote working: 89% of respondents plan to request more working from home allowance. This means that offering remote or hybrid working will attract candidates in 2022. We have seen a huge rise in job specifications with remote working and we expect this to continue.
- Opportunity to progress: Always make sure potential employees have transparency on what they can achieve within your company and team. Highlighting a roadmap for progression in the hiring process will certainly make you stand out to ambitious digital professionals.
- Flexible working hours: Wellbeing and work-life balance are big topics right now. Flexible hours means employees can strike a healthy balance. Upon reflection, remote working did offer people more time for themselves. They will want this to continue, so will be drawn to roles that offer this perk.
Want more digital recruitment insights?
We’ve got you covered! You can download a full copy of our report, for free. It is jam-packed with plenty more digital recruitment insights! You can also explore the latest digital jobs we are working on right now.